Hey guys, how are you doing lately? It has been 6 months since I started working at Lazada. For who don’t know, Lazada is an e-commerce company based in South East Asia (SEA), an “Amazon” of SEA. Six months are not long, but enough for me to understand and blend in with Lazada environment. I have seen and experienced many new things that I want to share with you guys today.
To be honest, when I started learning design, I imagined myself working in an advertising agency or some marketing companies. Somehow, the knowledge of information technology I’ve learned drove me into website/app world, and e-commerce is like a big giant attractive hole that pulls everything in it. My specific role there is UI and UX, sometimes I’m just a problem solver, even a researcher pretend to be a mother buying air conditioner online. I kinda like what I do now, it’s an interesting position though.
Ok, let’s talk about 5 things at Lazada that I really love and enjoy while working here.
1. International environment. My colleagues come from many different countries in the world which creates a professional working place. Besides, I have learned about many cultures without the need of traveling.
2. Many chances to improve English skill. I had to get used to many English accents. In here, you must keep improving your English otherwise you’ll be left behind.
3. I kinda love what I do here, being a part of a team, a part of a huge product. They give me enough space, comfort and freedom to create value.
4. Free fruit, ice cream everyday and Tiger beer every Friday.
5. There are many phone booths around the office where you can lock yourself in and focus on working or talking via phone with your girlfriend.
How about painful things? For me, there are 5 things I quite hate and want it to change.
1. It is SO FREAKING COLD inside the office. No kidding. Or I’m just weak :(.
2. Ppl from a same country tend to get together and that creates separate groups.
3. Parking outside, and you need to walk, not far, but still.
4. Waiting for elevator is a pain in the ass. Our building has 17 floors and 2 basements, 5 elevators seem not enough.
5. No discount for Lazada’s employees when buying on Lazada. My friends keep asking me if I have discount or voucher, I wish I could give them some.
That’s it, I hope these informations are useful for you in case you want to apply here. Also, happy new year 2016 everyone!